- The Statue of Liberty’s index finger is eight feet long
- Rain has never been recorded in some parts of the Atacama Desert in Chile
- A 75 year old person will have slept about 23 years.
- A boeing 747’s wing span is longer than the Wright brother’s first flight.(the Wright brother’s invented the airplane)
- There are as many chickens on earth as there are humans.
- One type of hummingbird weighs less than a penny
- The word “set” has the most number of definitions in the English
- Slugs have four noses
- Sharks can live up to 100 years
- Mosquitos are more attracted to the color blue than any other color.
- Kangaroos can’t walk backwards
- About 75 acres of pizza are eaten in the U.S. everyday
- The largest recorded snowflake was 15in wide and 8in thick. It fell in Montana in 1887
- The tip of a bullwhip moves so fast that the sound it makes is actually a tiny sonic boom.
- Former president Bill Clinton only sent 2 emails in his entire 8 year presidency
Koalas and humans are the only animals that have finger prints
- There are 200,000,000 insects for every one human
- It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery had in it to begin with.
- The world’s largest Montessori school is in India , with 26,312 students in 2002
Octopus have three hearts
- If you ate too many carrots, you’d turn orange
- The average person spends two weeks waiting for a traffic light to change.
1 in 2,000,000,000 people will live to be 116orold
- The body has 2-3 million sweat glands
- Sperm whales have the biggest brains; 20 lbs
- Tiger shark embroyos fight each other in their mother’s womb. The survivor is born.
- Most cats are left pawed
- 250 people have fallen off the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- A Blue whale’s tongue weighs more than an elephant
- You use 14 muscles to smile and 43 to frown. Keep Smiling!
- Bamboo can grow up to 3 ft in 24 hours
- An eyeball weighs about 1 ounce
- Bone is five times stronger than steel.